- 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday – Friday
- After care available from 4:30pm-5:30pm
- First Day: Monday June 18th, 2018
- Closed Wednesday July 4th, 2018
- Last Day: Friday August 24th, 2018
- For ages 33 months – 6 years
- Sign-up by the week or for the entire summer
- 10 weeks of summer fun at our new location!
4409 London Road
Duluth, Minnesota 55804
- Flexible scheduling
- Daily picture updates
- Pools and water play
- Nature-based playscape
- Themed weeks
- Walks to nearby parks
- Exploration of our new school building
8:00-8:30 students arrive
8:00—9:30 free play outdoors
9:30 gather for story and snack
10:00 split for choice time (indoor and out)
11:50 gather for activity, song, or story
1:00 quiet time
2:00 outdoors (with non-sleepers)
4:00-4:30 students are picked up
(4:30-5:30 after care available)
Week 1: Rainbow Week: June 18th-22nd
Join us for a creative, colorful week experiencing the rainbow through science experiments, gardening, food, and an abundance of art projects!
Week 2: A Camping We Will Go: June 25th-29th
We’ll be making our own campsite as we learn about the animals that make their homes in the woods around Duluth.
Week 3: Farmer's Market: July 2nd-6th*
It’s time for Miss Katie’s favorite part of summer: berry season! We’ll tend to the preschool garden, exploring our food every step of the way – from a seed in the garden to an ingredient in our kitchen baking adventures.
*closed Wednesday July 4th
Week 4: Magnets and Marbles: July 9th-13th
Magnets. Marbles. Gravity. Ramps. Tracks. Trial and Error. Our little engineers will be very busy this week!
Week 5: To the Beach! July 16th-20th
Dive into 5 days of sand and water play. We may even pay a visit to nearby Lake Superior…
Week 6: Things with Wings: July 23rd-27th
Bees! Butterflies! Birds! We’ll be learning about the animals flying by our school. The students will have the opportunity to help design a bird feeding area to attract more birds for future viewing and observation.
Week 7: Trails and Treasure Maps: July 30th-August 3rd
Come explore and blaze trails through our outdoor space. We’ll map out some of our discoveries and maybe even find a little treasure along the way!
Week 8: Plant Party! August 6th-10th
We’ll put our detective skills to use as we try to identify the plants growing in our outdoor playspace. The students will also get to build their own mini spaces, designing their own fairy gardens to bring home.
Week 9: Rocks and Gems: August 13th-17th
Study rocks and gems from around the world and the local rocks under our feet here in Duluth. We’ll be busy observing, sorting, designing, building, and climbing!
Week 10: Wacky Water Week: August 20th-24th
Celebrate the last week of Summer Session as we build our own little Hidden Valley water park – exploring water through sensory tables, pools, science experiments, and water walls.
Weekly Summer Session Payment Schedule
- The cost per week is $210 (with the exception of Week 3, which is $168 because we are closed on July 4th).
- We are also offering an extra hour of care from 4:30-5:30pm for $5/day.
- A deposit of $50 for each week is due to reserve your child’s spot.
- The balance is due when your child arrives on the Monday of your selected week.
- If you have any scheduling questions, please contact Katie.
Full Summer Session Payment Schedule
- You may add an extra hour of care from 4:30-5:30pm for $5/day.
|Non-refundable deposit due with application||Payment due June 18th||Payment due July 23rd||Total Cost|
|3 days/week M W F||$200||$500||$500||$1,200|
|2 days/week T Th||$100||$350||$350||$800|
We designed our Summer Session with our families in mind.
We created flexible options to accommodate differing needs for summer care,
be it the entire summer, or just one week of “summer camp”.
If you are new to Hidden Valley Preschool, and are interested in signing up for the entire 10-week Summer Session, please e-mail Katie for information about availability.
Please include in your e-mail:
- your child’s name
- your child’s age
- what kind of schedule you are interested in:
- whole summer, 5 days a week?
- whole summer, 3 days a week?
- whole summer, 2 days a week?
- any other questions you have
Students are admitted to HVP on a first-come, first-serve basis. Priority enrollment consideration is given to re-enrolling students and siblings who meet all admissions qualifications. We do not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, creed, religion, sex, disability, or national origin.